It’s been 2 months since our Kickstarter ended. Thanks to your support, we were able to raise $11,641 towards the expansion of our Tailoring Workshop! Here’s what we’ve accomplished so far this summer:
- 5 additional women have been hired for a total of 11 women tailors!
- Our Tailoring Workshop has been shifted to a newly added space at Profugo’s COD in Wayanad.
- Research is underway for the purchase of power and commercial sewing machines.
- Additional materials have been purchased for fall merchandise production.
- New product development is underway thanks to a few creative volunteers – stay tuned.
- Profugo is actively looking for key socially conscious and stylish storefronts to place our merchandise – let us know of any suitable boutiques in your area!
Our summer interns have been busy sending out the rewards for the Kickstarter pledges. If you have yet to receive yours, you will be very soon. Also, if you are interested in purchasing our merchandise, our web store is back online. We really could not have accomplished this without you. Please visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4cB1sjiRlA for a special THANK YOU from us to you.
A global neighborhood for a better quality of life!
~Love, the Profugo Team